Be Real: Employ-ability and the Future
- Healthy Relationships
- Body Image/Self esteem
- Drugs awareness
- How will my finances change?
- How will I budget?
- How do I read a pay slip?
- Credit & Debt
- What is a trade union?
- What are my rights and responsibilities?
- How will I spend my leisure time?
Business, Enterprise and Consumerism:
- Business structure and organisation
- The world of business
- The how and why of business financing
- Entrepreneurship & risk
- Responsible consumerism
- Ethical consumerism
- Consumerism and giving
Emotional wellbeing and Mental Health:
- Recognising and balancing emotions
- Stresses pressures and demands
- Stress management/managing anxiety
- Work/life balance
- Facing challenges
- Self –harming
- Where to turn to for help
- Supporting others
- St John’s Ambulance Award
Tutor time Activities
- Apprenticeship/traineeship information
- Getting off to a good start (review progress in yr 9/Target setting/ROA/Organisational skills/outline support systems for GCSE)
- Year 10 revision booklet and Powerpoint
- Jobs and careers quiz book
- How do I get a job? Game cards
- Writing personal statement
- Writing a CV
- Relating to others
- Parenting skills and family life
- When relationships go wrong
- Where to turn to for help and support
- Supporting others
Globalisation: War Child:
- What are war and conflict?
- The impact of war on children
- Street children
- What difference can one person make
Power and Politics:
- Types of government
- Elections manifestos and parties
- Parliament and government
- Laws and consolidation
- What do MPs do?
- Local and regional government
- Running your own election
Tutor time/other activities:
- Year 11 revision and exam skills booklet & p/point
- Work and enterprise quiz book
- Going for and interview work book
- UCAS progress/ supporting materials and HE information cards
- Conference day – revision workshop/interview skills workshop
- 1 – 1 careers interviews