At South Charnwood, pupils choose their options during Year 9. Choosing options is an exciting but challenging time for you. We want to work together with you and your parents to ensure that you choose the right Key Stage 4 programme to allow you to achieve maximum success. We will look at strengths and weaknesses to suggest the most suitable pathway to follow.
Please watch the videos below to find out more information about the options process, find out what subjects you can study in Years 10 and 11 and read the option booklet carefully. You can ask your teachers about what subjects might be good for you to study, as well as using the support of your tutor.
You will have a meeting with a member of the senior leadership team to discuss your choices and ensure that they are suitable for you. Your final option choices must be submitted after February half term.
If you have any questions regarding the options process please fill in the options contact form found here.
● 5.30 - 6.10pm - 9SB & 9JH
● 6.10 - 6.50pm - 9MS & 9LC
● 6.50 - 7.30pm - 9AC & 9JK
2. Year 9 Parents’ Evenings
● Thursday 26th January (9A)
● Tuesday 31st January (9B)
3. Initial options choices submitted by Friday 10th February 2023
4. Senior Leadership Team discussion with you about these choices
5. Any final changes are made by the 28th February 2023