The Big Bang Fair is a fantastic occasion bringing together companies from around the country, in a variety of industries. Pupils were able to undertake a variety of activities including but not limited to the following:
- Fire ‘radioactive’ nerf gun sponge bullets at targets in learning about radioactivity.
- Use state of the art microscopes to observe a variety of substances and living things in more detail.
- Play with augmented virtual reality software to understand how it would aid the industry.
- Learn about the history of anaesthesia.
- Build sustainable model structures to understand more about the importance of conserving the natural world.
- Take part in ‘live’ CPR of human dummies to understand the role of a paramedic in an ambulance.
- Interact with software used by Spectsavers to learn more about how they produce bespoke glasses.
I would like to thank Miss Fearn and Mrs Swatton for accompanying me on the visit to the NEC. I would also like to thank the year 9 pupils that attended the event, they were fabulous throughout!
Watch this space if you have a son or daughter coming into year 9 next year, the Big Bang Fair will be back!
Head of Science.